Greetings Sacred Path Community,
I’m very enthused with the response that we’re getting to our upcoming Autumn Sacred Path Men’s Retreat, a celebration of 30 years of MCLA programs. Advance enrollments have been pouring in. We will also be celebrating birthdays on retreat. I’m turning 70 and Pierre Grimes, one of our keynote presenters, is turning 94. If you’re celebrating your birthday around the time of our retreat, how about celebrating with us on The Hill!
Join us for a reunion and an honoring of all of the men who have contributed to the process of putting on and participating in upwards of 100 astounding retreats and countless workshops, practicums and colloquiums throughout the the past 30 years. Bring your relatives (young men 15 to 17 accompanied by an adult are welcome. There will be plenty to keep them engaged as they are introduced to Mindful Manhood.).
As an end of summer, LABOR DAY SPECIAL, we decided to extend our early registration reduced fee for one more week. Take advantage of this offer by registering by Wednesday, September 7th and save $75 on your total fee. Simply put down your deposit to reserve your spot (Click here to RSVP right now).
Here’s a sampling of what you will receive on retreat:
● Memorable interactive keynote presentations by two remarkable Elders -- Dr. Pierre Grimes and Dr. Jed Diamond. Pierre was featured in our August newsletter. Read about Jed and his new book in this newsletter.
● The intimacy of your own Tribe Meetings
● Engaging Community Gatherings
● An empowering experience during a Breakout Session. For example, Ray Bunch, an inspirational Elder and Emeritus Wisdom Council Member who returns after years on hiatus, will offer a moving opportunity for self realization when you plot your lifeline. Additional information about our breakout sessions will be revealed as we near the event.
● Encounter yourself as you sit in our “Sweat Lounge” and tune into your innermost emotions
● Go deep and expand with Christo Pellani and Winter Lazerus during our Saturday afternoon Breathwork Sound Bath. Read more about Christo and Winter in future mailings
● Be enchanted by our storytellers - David “Strongbear” Myers and Matthew Burke
● Laugh and enjoy an evening of Carnival featuring Tribe Displays, Music and Song, Honoring and Commemorative Ceremonies and surprises
● Participate in the creation of a powerful Ritual that will have a personal and long lasting impact on your life going forward
● Shake loose with vigorous movement, stretch and release with Yoga, be still and delve within through guided Meditation, go on a hike, gaze at the ocean or take a swim, have a conversation around the fire or take a siesta under a tree, savor fabulous cuisine tailored to your own unique pallet, eat vegetarian, even vegan, or one of Arturo’s barbequed Plank Salmon and Tri Tip dinners that garners rave reviews. There’s something here for everyone. Come and take your pick.
● Stay tuned for further information as we are still in the planning stage. We are working on some additional facets to the diamond that will prove to be quite amazing!
Whether you are a veteran of our programs or someone joining us for the first time, I assure you that this retreat will make a transformative and lasting impact on your life. Enroll your friends. They will thank you for an unforgettable experience that may have life changing implications beyond even your wildest expectations.
The only thing to lose is what no longer serves you. You have everything to gain by enrolling for "TRIBE: Men’s Losses, Loneliness and Longing" as we experience the crucial need for community. Join us at Camp Hilltop commencing Thursday, October 20th through Sunday, October 23rd. The Sacred Path lies before you so take the first step now!
o - o - o - O - o - o - o
Dr. Stephen Johnson is founder and executive director
of the Men's Center Los Angeles and leader/wayshower
of the The Sacred Path men's retreats for the past 30 years.
He is author of "THE SACRED PATH: THE WAY OF THE SPIRITUAL WARRIOR," an amazing how-to book
for men who want to become better men . . .
AND for the women who care about them.
Click here for additional info.
MCLA's 30th Annual Autumn Sacred Path Men's Retreat will be held high up on the mountain overlooking Malibu next month. This will be an incredible event celebrating 30 years of amazing men's work. Don't miss it. Click here to register now.