MCLA Proudly Teams with FIREFIGHTERS DOWN to Deliver Healing & Hope
FireFighters Down is a "Wounded Warriors" organization focused on providing assistance to firefighters who have been injured in the line of duty.
- There are over 2 million emergency calls to firefighters each year in the U.S.
- Even in the face of personal danger, firefighters rescue victims of fire, accident or violence, provide first aide and ultimately risk their own lives to save the lives of others on a daily basis.
- Sadly, there are few resources in place to assist firefighters with the necessary healing processes. Physical and emotional scars continue to amass until they become debilitating.
- The primary goal is to provide services to physically and emotionally injured or ill firefighters from departments across the United States.
FireFighters Down founder Captain Mike Henry has collaborated with Dr. Stephen J. Johnson, Ph.D., LMFT (author and founder/executive director of MCLA) and a dedicated group of therapeutic service providers united to help injured Firefighters.
The process created is called “Hero Consciousness”
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Therapy
- Immediate Explosive Disorder Therapy
- Mental & Physical therapies
- Sweat Lodges
- Higher Consciousness Practices
- Professional Fitness training
- Family Counseling
- Online Follow up program
- Contracting and collaborating with the Firefighters Local therapeutic resources
The program not only supports the healing of Firefighters after injuries but also the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) that haunts firefighters and their families. It begins with a 4-day/3-night (all expense paid) intensive program, located at the Serra Retreat in beautiful Malibu, California.
This powerful therapeutic process is designed to restore the spirit of the injured Firefighter. The Firefighters Down Retreat unites a hand-picked therapist with firefighters and their families. With support from corporations, celebrities, a caring community and firefighters from across the nation, the injured Firefighters quickly understand the value of their sacrifice and how many people admire and support the service Firefighters provide to the community. This appreciation is a important part of healing and is shown through the activities that many business have provided such as fishing trips, sunset dinners and horseback riding during the Firefighters Down Retreat.
Dr. Stephen Johnson and Men's Center Los Angeles are proud to support and endorse our very own Captain Mike Henry and this excellent program designed to assist Firefighters. Your support of this important work is greatly appreciated.
Click here to visit and support
o - O - o
o - o - O - o - o
o - o - o - O - o - o - o
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *